Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote

I was a bit worried about reading this book, because I thought it might be written in olde English, but thankfully I was wrong. I really liked Holly Golightly, I thought she was a really sweet, character, and I imagine that in "real life" she would be somebody that the girls love to hate, and the boys want to date.

I liked the main character, and his naiveity was quite appealing. I also thought his crush on Holly was quite sweet; he was quite obviously charmed by her, despite his better judgement.

Although I did really like this book, I do struggle to see why it is such a cult sensation (or was 50 years ago), and why it was made into a movie. In fairness, I haven't seen the movie, but I imagine that it has been expanded on greatly. The book is only 100 pages long, so to make a feature length film out of it is quite a Hollywood feat.

At the back of my book were three short novellas that Truman Capote wrote, and they were quite sweet as well. They were all love stories, but tragedies.

Overall, I liked this really liked this book and would recommend it to others who want a short easy read.